Pride & Prejudice – The Musical – adapted from Jane Austen by Josie Brown Directed by Phoebe Moyer – March 17 – April 16, 2023
Elizabeth Bennet and her four sisters sing! Mr. Darcy dances! And so do most of the others you may know. Jane Austen’s colorful Regency period romance comes to the stage in all its glory in this wonderful musical that will please newcomers to the tale as well as those steeped (like good cup of tea) in the classic tale of great romance.
The Bennets have five daughters, and Mrs. Bennet wishes to marry them off to suitors of appropriate social status. A tangle of suitors do appear – including the somewhat dodgy George Wickham and somewhat ingenuous Mr. Bingley – and the very intriguing Fitzwilliam Darcy. The ensuing romances and complications have delighted readers and audiences in book, plays and movies for centuries.
The script by Josie Brown and music and lyrics by Marin’s own Rita Abrams is “Close to perfect… a musical treatment of a famous literary milestone that, although modern in form, carefully preserves the vision of the original.” Charles Brousse, Pacific Sun.
- Thursday Night Preview – March 16 at 7:30 pm
- Opening Night and Season Subscriber Reception – Friday March 17 at 6:30 pm
- Buzz at the Barn – Saturday, March 18 at 7:00 PM pre-show cocktail hour with hors d’oeuvres and wine.
- Talkbacks – TBD – discuss the show with Director and Cast following the matinee.
- Show Times: Thursdays at 7:30, Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00PM, Sundays at 2:00PM